The Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA) has announced its 2009 Ed Tech Industry Summit Innovation Incubator participants and finalists. SIIA's Education Division committee members reviewed 26 applications, and then voted for top selections based on key criteria, including the alignment to SIIA's Vision K-20 benchmarks and education institution uses.
The 2009 Innovation Incubator participants represent pre-revenue companies, established companies, non-profit groups, R&D agencies, and academic institutions, and were officially introduced at the recent Ed Tech Industry Summit conference during the first week of May in San Francisco, Calif.
The 2009 Ed Tech Industry Summit Innovation Incubator participants are:
- Adobe Flash Catalyst, Adobe Systems, Inc.
- ArchieMD Interactive 3D Platform: Virtual Autopsy, ArchieMD
- ClassLink Inquiry, ClassLink
- Kidos Computer, Kidos Computer
- Math Learning Exchange, Math Learning Exchange
- MixedInk Collaborative Writing Tool, MixedInk
- PLEX Labs, Filament Games, LLC
- The Predictive Assessment of Reading, Child'sMind Publishing
- Skatekids Online / Ramps to Reading, Quantum Learning Technologies
- StraighterLine, SMARTHINKING
The 2009 Ed Tech Industry Summit Innovation Incubator finalists are:
- edWeb, edWeb LLC
- GradeCam, GradeCam Corporation
In addition, four of these organizations were highlighted further at this season's Incubator Awards:
- Most Innovative Educational Product or Service Awarded to: Skatekids Online / Ramps to Reading by Quantum Learning Technologies
- Runner-up awarded to: MixedInk Collaborative Writing Tool from MixedInk
- Product or Service Most Likely to Succeed in the Education Market: Adobe Flash Catalyst from Adobe Systems, Inc.
- Runner-up awarded to: The Predictive Assessment of Reading by Child'sMind Publishing
SIIA has extended the visibility of all applicants by hosting the Innovation Incubator Virtual Environment. Built with the support of member company Educational Systemics, the virtual arena provides a venue for the public to view "exhibit booths" by visiting http://k-12.veplatform.com.
Source: Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA), www.siia.net