Summer is good professional development time, especially when you can do it on your own schedule. Our own MMIS Media Center columnist Mary Alice Anderson has written about online teaching and learning in the magazine—see her upcoming July/August 2006 column for her latest. Mary Alice walks the walk, of course, as she's one of the instructors who offer a number of useful online courses, some of which start TODAY, for K-12 LMS's and other educators through the University of Wisconsin-Stout School of Education.
Follow THIS LINK to see what's available:
Here are some of the class titles, just to get you into it:
* TEACHING INFORMATION LITERACY WITH PRIMARY SOURCES
* ADVOCACY AND EMERGING ISSUES FOR MEDIA SPECIALISTS
* SCHOOL LIBRARY AND CLASSROOM COLLABORATIONS
* CHILDREN'S LITERATURE IN THE READING PROGRAM (grades K-5)
* YOUNG ADULT LITERATURE IN THE READING CLASSROOM (grades 6-12)