Turning Technologies has announced the release of two new complementary products - ResponseCard NXT, an advanced radio frequency LCD keypad, and TurningKey, self-paced assessment software.
ResponseCard NXT is the next generation of Turning's ResponseCard line of student response clickers. The NXT response device is compatible with the latest version of the company's synchronous polling applications, TurningPoint and TurningPoint AnyWhere, for formative assessment in learning environments. In addition to standard clicker features, ResponseCard NXT provides advanced capabilities such as cell-phone style text entry for short answer and essay questions. Input capabilities include multiple choice, multiple response, numeric response, fill-in-the-blank, true/false, and essay. The unit also contains an LCD display that confirms responses have been received by the instructor's computer. The highlight of ResponseCard NXT is its self-paced test mode for individual assessment that works in conjunction with the newly released TurningKey software.
TurningKey is the company's latest addition to its suite of interactive polling software. The lightweight application allows educators to create digital answer keys for new or existing tests or quizzes and deliver the self-paced summative assessments to students using ResponseCard NXT. TurningKey supports multiple test versions and assessments of up to 200 questions using any combination of question types. Testing times can also be specified, and instructors are able to monitor learners' progress during an assessment.
Additional ResponseCard NXT highlights include:
- Channel search
- Automatic input mode selection (Presentation and Test modes)
- Letters, numbers, character and punctuation support
- Student ID submission with each response
- User feedback in both Presentation and Test mode
- Skip questions and return to questions if time allows
- Upon answering last question, the user will be notified of unanswered questions and reorder test to quickly jump to unanswered questions
- Test ID for each test created, test verification of information
- Instructor can display individual test results to each student
- Instructor can display total points, total percentage or custom message to each student
Source: Turning Technologies, www.turningtechnologies.com