Promethean has announced ClassFlow--a cloud-based classroom orchestration tool that enables teachers to create lessons, deliver interactive content across multiple devices, and assess student understanding. With ClassFlow, teachers can build and access interactive lesson plans from any web browser. In addition, ClassFlow allows teachers to foster student engagement by connecting mobile devices such as educational tablets, smartphones, and laptops to classroom displays and interactive whiteboards. As a result, teachers can use real-time student responses to instantly adjust any lesson plan when it matters the most - in the moment of learning.
Beginning in January 2014, teachers will be able to sign up for a complimentary ClassFlow account and will be able to:
· Build and access interactive lessons—anytime, anywhere.
· Deliver, create, and easily organize lessons from any web browser
· Develop lessons by seamlessly incorporating a wide variety of teaching resources and formats--video, PowerPoint, documents, flipcharts, webpages, new content and more
· Collaborate with a community of teachers by sharing lessons online
· Engage students like never before —Turn any mobile device into a dynamic & collaborative experience
· Exchange ideas and information throughout the classroom by connecting interactive whiteboards, projectors or flat panels to individual student mobile devices
· Deliver and interact with each part of the lesson where it’s most powerful—on an interactive classroom display or on the mobile devices in students’ hands
· Extend learning by sharing student work examples to provide a different perspective, address areas of confusion or dive deeper into the topic at hand
· Drive your lesson from anywhere in the classroom using your own mobile device
· Improve student results by guiding instruction when it matters most - in the moment of learning
· Turn educational tablets, smartphones and laptops into rich-media student response and polling tools that offer two-way communication between students and teachers
· Deliver digital lesson content into students’ hands for annotation, response or manipulation
· Connect assessment to learning by using rich, real-time feedback to differentiate instruction based on students’ learning needs and styles
· Access student responses as they occur or save results for later review and reporting.
Promethean developed ClassFlow in order to ensure that investments in classroom technology a have real, measurable, educational impact. By consulting with many of the world’s most innovative and successful teachers, administrators, trainers, technology officers, and other education visionaries, ClassFlow was designed to enable schools to breathe educational purpose into mobile devices and other existing classroom technologies.
The initial release of ClassFlow will be offered in English for U.S. teachers, with additional locations and languages planned throughout 2014. For more information about ClassFlow, visit www.classflow.com
Source: Promethean, www.prometheanworld.com