Knowledge Adventure has introduced Reading Readiness, the first in a new series called Knowledge Adventure Solutions. Reading Readiness is a content-rich early reading system that gives teachers the adaptive learning tools needed to build phonemic awareness and phonics skills for children in primary classes, according to the announcement.
With Reading Readiness, teachers can select from more than 30 different phonics activities to create customized lessons for their students. Ranging from letters and sounds to word building, spelling, and decoding, the systematic lessons help students learn the skills they need at their own pace, the announcement states. Using the built-in classroom management tools, teachers can track progress of each student skill by skill, correlated to state standards. A series of specially designed in-class/take-home readers, detailed progress reports, and take-home skill-building materials foster parental involvement to track and share each student's reading accomplishments.
Features include the following:
* Customizable lessons that can be set for the entire class of for a group of students based on skill level
* Over 70 lessons to address more than 30 early reading skills
* Adaptive learning technology to keep students challenged, engaged, and working at their level
* Pre and post tests to provide benchmarks to monitor student progress skill by skill, correlated to current standards so that teachers can immediately address deficiencies as well as recheck mastery.
* Supplemental books for students and school-to-home tips to link parents to their children's ongoing reading program and reinforce classroom learning
* Collaborative teacher materials that provide classroom management tools with in-class exercises and additional classroom projects that adapt to any curriculum or textbook.
Source: Knowledge Adventure, http://www.knowledgeadventureschool.com