Interwrite Learning has unveiled Interwrite Workspace, an educational software application for creating, teaching, and assessing student performance using digital content. Used in concert with an Interwrite Board, Pad, Panel, or student response system, Workspace provides teachers the means to interact with any form of digital content, while engaging their students in novel new ways.
Interwrite Workspace comes with several new features, including:
* Interwrite Sims, a library of instructional animations that provide an engaging interactive learning experience
* Interwrite Images, a comprehensive library of educational clip art covering a diverse range of topics and grade levels
* Interwrite Lessons, an online library of searchable, state-aligned interactive lessons created by teachers
* Interwrite Multimedia, a family of integrated media tools—including Flash, video, and audio player—to increase interactivity of any existing media content
* More than 50 instructional tools that empower the teacher in their interactive classroom environment.
Workspace provides teachers with 4,000 digital teaching resources from serious to fun, arts to sciences, to ones suitable for Kindergarten through 12th grade classrooms. A new addition to Workspace is Interwrite Sims, a library of educational Flash files that can be embedded into any lesson. Workspace also includes access to Interwrite's online lesson library that includes hundreds of teacher created lessons. Using an online search tool, Workspace users can search by subject, grade, and/or state to find the material needed for the next class. All lessons are available free of charge to all Workspace users.
Interwrite Images include an expanded number of educational images, organized by subject matter. They are located in the Gallery, so they can be accessed right from the Workspace toolbar (no Internet connection required).
Workspace retains the ease of use of its predecessor program, Interwrite Software Release 6.0. Based on a floating toolbar interface, Workspace presents a range of tools for creating, controlling, annotating, displaying, and interacting with any digital content. The properties for the currently selected tool are displayed and can be changed using the properties bar at the bottom of the page. The Toolbar can be customized to include as many or as few tools as the teacher desires.
Workspace is available through Authorized Interwrite Resellers and will be included free with the purchase of any Interwrite Board, Interwrite Pad and Interwrite Panel. It is also available as a stand alone product for a suggested retail price of $249 (US).
Source: Interwrite Learning, www.interwritelearning.com