Infobase Learning, publisher of Facts On File, and Films Media Group have announced the launch of Access Video On Demand, powered by Films On Demand-a comprehensive streaming video subscription service tailored especially for public libraries. Offering unlimited access to more than 7,800 full-length videos and 88,000 clips, Access Video On Demand gives public library patrons instant access to thousands of acclaimed documentaries, award-winning educational films, and helpful instructional videos in a variety of subject areas from top-quality producers. Dozens of new programs are added monthly-more than 600 every year.
Nine comprehensive streaming video collections are available, sold individually or bundled for broad coverage, including thousands of titles in the following subjects:
- Arts and Humanities
- Business and Economics
- Science, Mathematics, and Technology
- Social Sciences
- Health and Wellness
- Careers and Trades
- Home and Family
- Travel and Recreation-Coming Soon!
- Archival Films and Newsreels.
Featured programs include:
- Amazing Planet
- Back to the Blueprint
- Baking with Julia
- Baseball: A Film by Ken Burns
- Close to Home: Moyers on Addiction
- From the Royal Opera House
- In Search of History
- Jazz: A Film by Ken Burns
- Masterpiece Theatre
- Modern Marvels
- On Our Own Terms: Moyers on Dying in America
- The Living Machine.
- Unlimited simultaneous user access, 24/7
- Remote access available
- User-friendly, intuitive interface
- Powerful search and browse tools
- Multiple playback resolution options to optimize bandwidth use
- Closed-captioning on thousands of titles
- Ability to save and organize favorite videos
- Authenticated links for use with Web-based catalog systems
- Freedom from inventory hassles and damaged DVDs
- Helpful citations in multiple formats
- Usage tracking and reporting statistics
- Most titles come with public performance rights
- Customized MARC records
- Exceptional content from more than 700 top producers such as Films for the Humanities & Sciences, BBC, PBS, A&E Television Networks, National Geographic, NBC News, ABC News, Ken Burns, HISTORY®, and many more. Most titles are exclusive to Facts On File and Films Media Group.
Source: Infobase Learning, www.infobaselearning.com