imbee.com (www.imbee.com), a social networking destination for tweens from Industrious Kid, Inc., has announced enhanced media features that enable a better user generated experience for their target demographic of kids aged 8-14. Expanding beyond its public beta incarnation, these new offerings establish the network as a destination to help foster creativity and build a more purposeful relationship between tweens and the Internet, according to the announcement.
Unlike the majority of tween oriented destinations, which are either fantasy-based virtual worlds or branded game and entertainment portals, imbee.com supports user generated content that is not corporate defined, allowing its members to personalize their own online user experience. All of imbee.com’s members can upload graphics and audio files, listen to music, watch exclusive video clips, or customize their blog spots with artwork and more.
The new offerings include:
· Enhanced User Interface – imbee.com’s new user interface has been enhanced to showcase the site’s tween community with unique features, widgets, and exclusive content.
· Audio and Video – imbee.com now provides its members with the ability to upload audio or video files directly into their blog spot, making it easy to share fun content or media with their approved circle of friends.
· Exclusive Media Library – Now members can select their favorite songs or music videos by accessing imbee.com’s exclusive media library. imbee.com hosts young stars in the entertainment industry, including Hilary Duff, The Cheetah Girls, Ashley Tisdale, Jordan Pruitt, Belinda, NLT, and more.
· Trading Card Maker – imbee.com has introduced a new custom digital trading card maker. This allows members to design and then personalize their own trading, photo and promise cards by either uploading their own graphics or by selecting images from imbee.com’s expansive graphics library.
· Widget Library – Now members can access imbee.com’s interactive widget library in order to choose from a large variety of single or multi-player games and activities.
Beyond its entertainment elements, imbee.com provides tweens, parents, educators, and Internet safety advocates with a viable, age-appropriate alternative to other open blogging and social networking sites, while including extensive security features. Built-in security features include user authentication, parental controls, controlled scope of publishing, content privacy, and more.
Because of its security features, imbee.com is also the only tween social network to have successfully launched a free school blogging program, now utilized by more than 500 schools and school districts representing every state in the continental U.S., according to the announcement.
For more information about Industrious Kid and imbee.com, please visit www.industriouskid.com.
Source: Industrious Kid, Inc., www.industriouskid.com