The H.W. Wilson Company has announced an expansion of "My WilsonWeb" customization options for individual WilsonWeb users. Searchers can now do more to create a personalized search environment, saving such settings as:
* The number of records per page of search results (10, 20, or 50).
* The language of main interface buttons and headings: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish or Portuguese.
* The interface color scheme: blue, red, green or orange.
* Results display format--"brief display" or "full display" (a more detailed list of records).
* Results sort order--by relevance (the default), or date, author, journal name, publication year, and more.
They can also save single records from search results into their private "My WilsonWeb" accounts--selecting useful articles, citations, or images for later access. A "Save to My WilsonWeb" link has been added to each record on all WilsonWeb databases, for one-click transmission to the custom account.
Users create their "My WilsonWeb" accounts from a link at the top of the WilsonWeb display. Custom settings take effect when they log into their accounts. Otherwise, their library's settings apply.
These new options build on earlier "My WilsonWeb" innovations. "My WilsonWeb" also allows users to save searches and configure email alerts and RSS feeds, to stay informed of new results as relevant records are added to the WilsonWeb databases.
More than 60 reference databases are available on the WilsonWeb service. Other WilsonWeb enhancements include ReadSpeaker--a "text to speech" converter for full-text articles--and electronic translation of articles into 10 major languages. For more on new WilsonWeb features, visit www.hwwilson.com.
Source: H.W. Wilson Company, www.hwwilson.com