Gale, a part of Cengage Learning, is offering three new science products for academic and school libraries. The products are designed to help students understand science beyond the text, and combine Gale’s curriculum-aligned reference content with partner CyberScience’s interactive 3D models to bring science learning to life. Two products, geared primarily for the academic market, cover the topics of human anatomy and chemistry, while a third resource combines multiple science topics and can be used as refreshers in introductory college science courses or as a basic science learning tool in high schools.
Users can delve deep into concepts with tools to zoom, rotate and explore models. Clicking on individual components of visuals brings users to relevant reference content related to the image, including the ability to search across content to find exactly what they are looking for. These powerful visual tools can be used for in-classroom demonstrations and help with homework or research assignments. The products are web-based and available as 2D experiences, while a full 3D experience is possible with commonly available hardware such as glasses, an interactive whiteboard, and/or a 3D projector.
Additional product features include:
• Self-quizzing capabilities at the end of session to review key concepts
• Guided interactive simulation lessons as well as anytime student/faculty interaction with models
• An easy-to-use, intuitive interface available via web and mobile
• Access through computers, laptops, tablets, interactive whiteboards or a projector
• Accessible through multiple browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, or IE)
• 3D printing is available with installed driver and an optional 3D printer to print teaching models for use directly in the classroom
• Interface and content to be available in multiple languages
Source: Cengage Learning/Gale, cengage.com or gale.cengage.com