Follett Corporation and Findaway World (Findaway) have announced a partnership that will allow distribution of Playaway digital audiobooks to K-12 schools and public libraries. Playaway is a self-playing digital audiobook, a "self-contained audio equivalent of a book," according to the announcement, that is small enough to fit in the palm of your hand. Follett Corporation companies Follett Library Resources and BWI will partner with Findaway to distribute the Playaway through their distribution channels, securing the digital technology format's position in the K-12 school and public library marketplace.
Agreement components include promotion of the partnership at the local, state, and national level and front-of-page visibility on Follett Library Resources and BWI online resources' Titlewave and TitleTales.
Findaway currently has licensing agreements with several leading publishers and content owners, including HarperCollins, Simon & Schuster, Hachette, Penton Overseas, Brilliance Audio, Franklin Covey, Random House and Recorded Books. Playaway's audiobook collection currently totals more than 90 titles, including the following children's classics:
* Alice in Wonderland & Through the Looking Glass, Lewis Caroll
* Black Beauty, Anna Sewell
* The Call of the Wild, Jack London
* Frankenstein, Mary Shelley
* Huckleberry Finn, Mark Twain
* The Iliad, Homer
* Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen
* The Red Badge of Courage, Stephen Crane
* The Chronicles of Narnia - The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe, C.S. Lewis
* The Scarlet Letter, Nathaniel Hawthorne
* A Tale of Two Cities, Charles Dickens
For more information on the Playaway device and a link to a brochure containing a complete listing of available titles from Follett Library Resources, visit http://www.flr.follett.com/intro/playaway.html.
Source: Follett Library Resources, http://www.flr.follett.com; BWI, http://www.bwibooks.com