Facts On File, from Infobase Publishing, has announced new enhancements to its American History Online database-a new video feature with more than 1,000 newsreel videos plus new and updated content from the revised edition of the award-winning Encyclopedia of American History.
The new video content includes mainly historical newsreels with a focus on World War II-era footage. The new "Focus on History through Video" feature on the home page spotlights the new content, with a player that shows a new video-from a selection of newsreels spanning the 1940s to the 1990s-each time the site reloads. Clicking on the "Go to Video Gallery" link in that feature will take the user to a new gallery of all the videos in the database. This new gallery can be filtered by era.
The content from the landmark Encyclopedia of American History, Revised Edition adds new contemporary information and updates core content. Students and researchers now have access to updated, authoritative information on many contemporary personalities and events, as well as more than 280 brand-new entries-from stem cell research to global warming to the Afghanistan War.
Other features of American History Online include:
- Complete coverage of more than 500 years of political, military, social, and cultural history
- Overview era essays outlining time periods
- Unique Topic Centers with specially selected entries on different eras of American history to help users find a starting point for their research
- Events and topics
- More than 2,400 primary source documents
- General timeline, updated monthly, plus subject-specific and era-specific timelines
- Images and videos
- Maps and charts
- "Editor's Selection of the Month"
- Examples of full citations in MLA, Chicago Manual of Style, and APA styles.
For ordering, pricing, or other information, contact the Online Sales Department at
Source: Infobase Publishing, www.infobasepublishing.com