Epson has introduced the BrightLink 450Wi, an intelligent, interactive projector that allows educators to turn any standard whiteboard or smooth wall into an interactive learning area. The BrightLink 450Wi delivers a cost-effective solution for educators to integrate interactive capabilities, and eliminates the need to purchase and install dedicated interactive whiteboards, the announcement states.
The BrightLink 450Wi can project onto any existing whiteboard, wall, or other smooth, hard surface. It offers school administrators a price advantage by providing significantly more usable interactive area than dedicated interactive whiteboards. The ultra-short throw Epson BrightLink 450Wi interactive projector comes with two digital infrared pens and wall mount hardware for easy installation.
The BrightLink 450Wi features 2,500 lumens white light output and 2,500 lumens color light output2 with networkability, wireless features and advanced connectivity. It also delivers WXGA resolution (16:10 aspect ratio) for full compatibility with widescreen notebooks and movie content, and can meet the space needs of any classroom by projecting images from 55-inches diagonal to up to 96-inches diagonal (WXGA) and up to 102-inches diagonal (XGA).
Using the BrightLink 450Wi, educators can deliver presentations over a school's wired (using RJ-45 connectivity) network, giving teachers increased flexibility with their lesson delivery methods.
The Epson BrightLink 450Wi offers several easy-to-use and versatile features designed for the classroom and boardroom, including:
- Flexible Size Setup: Creates large interactive areas without the need to pay a premium for size
· Ultra-Short Throw Distance: Can be mounted as close as 2.8-inches away from the wall to accommodate smaller classrooms or meetings rooms, and can project a 60-inch diagonal image with the lens only 18-inches away; new high performance optics virtually eliminate hardware and shadow interference
· Multi-purpose: Maximizes the value of classroom real estate by projecting on preinstalled standard whiteboards or a plain wall
· Bright Images: 2,500 lumens color light output and 2,500 lumens white light output provides colorful, detailed presentations
· Closed Captioning: Built-in closed captioning decoder makes presentations accessible to viewers with hearing impairments with no added cost, and helps meet section 508 compliance
· Simplified Network Monitoring and Control: Flexible sizing in a single projector can meet the needs of multiple room environments, and RJ-45 wired LAN connectivity for remote monitoring and control via an IT network helps saves time and money
· Message Broadcasting: Included EasyMP Monitor software allows projector to be used as a broadcast system to show customized images and alerts over the network for announcements or instructions
· Easy Setup and Control: Instant On and Instant Off helps to avoid delays when starting and finishing lectures
· USB Plug ‘n Play Instant Setup: Instantly projects images from a Windows PC or Mac via a USB connection, allowing for easier set up
· Extended Lamp Life: Using Epson's E-TORL lamp technology, the lamp life can last up to 3,500 hours3 in economy mode
· Speaker and Microphone Input: Dedicated input allows teachers to use a microphone to amplify voice using the internal 10W speaker
· 3LCD Technology: Features 3-chip technology to deliver true-to-life color for presentations; 3LCD technology provides an energy efficient light engine which efficiently uses available lamp light to create images; in contrast to 1-chip DLP technology, 3LCD requires, on average, 25 percent less electricity per lumen of brightness4
The Epson BrightLink 450Wi will be available in spring of 2010 for under $2,000 through select dealers on a state by state basis.
Source: Epson America Inc., www.epson.com