Epson has announced the PowerLite 93+, a powerful yet budget-friendly projector designed for K-12 classrooms. Replacing the current PowerLite 93, the PowerLite 93+ boasts high performance features including 200 more lumens than its predecessor, a robust built-in speaker and advanced connectivity features.
The PowerLite 93+ offers 2,600 lumens of color and white light output and delivers crisp images with XGA resolution. The projector also comes equipped with a range of connectivity features, including RJ-45 wired LAN connectivity for remote projector management, as well as use of a virtual remote control via a web browser for basic projector control from a computer instead of the projector's remote control. The PowerLite 93+ also includes HDMI connectivity for connecting to the latest devices for high-quality video and digital audio.
The PowerLite 93+ provides classrooms with a variety of advanced features to accelerate learning, including:
- Increased Communication: A powerful, internal 16-watt speaker fills the classroom with sound and saves on equipment costs; built-in closed captioning decoder makes presentations accessible to viewers with hearing impairments at no additional cost and helps meet ADA section 508 compliance
- Teaching Aids: Pre-designed line and graph pattern templates or customizable images aid in instruction, saving valuable class time by eliminating the need for teachers to draw lines and grids on a whiteboard or blackboard; timer can be set to power off projector if no signal is received, saving energy and lamp life
- Setup Flexibility: 1.2x optical zoom and +30 degree horizontal and automatic vertical keystone correction provide easy and convenient setup in various classroom settings, allowing users to place the projector off-center and still get a standard formatted image; Quick Corner® allows the four corners of an image to be moved independently for a perfectly rectangular image
- USB Plug ‘n Play: Instantly projects images, transmits audio and controls the presentation from either a Windows PC or Mac via a single USB connection; allows for easier set up and eliminates the hassle of dealing with bulky VGA cables and toggling between computer keys
- Extended Lamp Life: Using Epson's exclusive E-TORL lamp technology, the lamp life can last up to 6,000 hours3 in economy mode helping to maximize presentation time
- Convenient Control: Direct Power On and Off allows for an installed projector to be powered with a flip of a wall switch; Instant On/Off® enables teachers to avoid delays when starting and finishing presentations and be up and running in seconds; A/V Mute Slide stops the sound and picture to allow for a quick pause in the presentation
- 3LCD Technology: Features the latest 3LCD, 3-chip technology to deliver amazing, true-to-life color and detail for powerful presentations; 3LCD technology provides an energy-efficient light engine which efficiently uses available lamp light to create stunning images; in contrast to 1-chip DLP technology, 3LCD requires, on average, 25 percent less electricity per lumen of brightness4
The Epson PowerLite 93+ ($699) will be available in March 2012 through national resellers, pro audio/visual dealers, mail order, and distribution, and at the Epson store, www.epsonstore.com.
For additional information, visit www.epson.com/projectors.
Source: Epson, www.epson.com