Epson has introduced the Epson PowerLite 83V+ projector. The $649 PowerLite 83V+ is a feature-rich, easy-to-use and affordable projector benefitting students, teachers and school administrators, the announcement states.
The PowerLite 83V+ features 2,200 lumens white light output, 2,200 lumens color light output2 and XGA resolution; robust sound and communication tools with a built-in 10 watt speaker, delivering clear and crisp audio without requiring external speakers; and a closed captioning decoder to accommodate students with hearing impairments. Epson's E-TORL lamp delivers more lumens per watt than competitive models and lasts up to 4,000 hours, according to the announcement.
The PowerLite 83V+ provides several advanced features for the classroom, including:
- Flexible Communication: The internal 10-watt speaker and built-in closed captioning decoder make presentations accessible to viewers with hearing impairments at no added cost, and help meet ADA section 508 compliance
- Advanced Connectivity: RS-232c control protocol allows for connectivity with third-party education control systems; audio out and monitor out connectivity provide the ability to connect to an external audio device and external monitor; dual VGA inputs for connectivity to multiple computers
- Setup Flexibility: 1.2x optical zoom and +30 degree automatic vertical keystone correction provide easy operation in multiple classroom settings
- Direct Power On and Off: Powers an installed projector on and off with a flip of a light switch
- Instant On/Off: Enables teachers to avoid delays when starting and finishing lessons and allows them to be up and running in five seconds between pressing the "Power" button and the appearance of the start-up screen
- A/V Mute Slide: Turns off the sound and images to create a quick pause in the presentation, conserving lamp life and energy, and helping to save costs; the projector enters A/V Mute mode when the lens cover is closed and returns to normal mode automatically upon reopening the lens cover
- Extended Lamp Life: Using Epson's E-TORL lamp technology, the lamp life can last up to 4,000 hours in economy mode
- 3LCD Technology: Features 3-chip technology to deliver true-to-life color and detail for presentations; 3LCD technology provides an energy-efficient light engine which efficiently uses available lamp light to create images; in contrast to 1-chip DLP technology, 3LCD requires, on average, 25 percent less electricity per lumen of brightness.
The Epson PowerLite 83V+ will be available in February 2010 through national resellers, pro audio/visual dealers, mail order, and distribution.
Source: Epson America Inc., www.epson.com/