Disney Publishing Worldwide has announced the launch of Disney Digital Books, a fully interactive online experience featuring:
* More than 500 books at launch, offering children of all ages, reading levels, and interests a broad selection of books
* Look and Listen titles that allow children to hear the story read aloud
* A Story-Builder feature so kids can create and share their own memorable stories
* A "My Place" area that children can personalize
* An age-appropriate dictionary that lets children click on any word to hear it read aloud, select unfamiliar words, and read simple definitions
* Reading certificates to encourage budding readers
Children will find favorites from popular Disney franchises such as Mickey Mouse, Toy Story, Disney Princess, Cars, and Hannah Montana, along with many other classic Disney stories. New books and features, including some exclusive to Disney Digital Books subscribers, will be added on an ongoing basis.
Disney Digital Books aggregates books into three separate reading levels: Level One for beginning readers and shared reading with parents and other care-givers; Level Two for children who are ready to read independently; and Level Three for children ready for chapter books.
Disney Digital Books is available for an annual subscription of $79.95, or a monthly subscription of $8.95. Each subscription covers up to three children in the same household. Gift subscriptions are available online and at select retailers. The browser-based service is PC- and Mac-compatible and does not require a download. A free trial of the service is accessible starting September 29, at www.disneydigitalbooks.com.
Source: Disney Publishing Worldwide, www.disneydigitalbooks.com