Discovery Education has announced the roll out the next generation of its signature unitedstreaming service. The newly updated unitedstreaming video-on-demand service will include new multimedia assets, animations and audio; live curriculum-based Web seminars led by education technology experts; and hundreds of additional educational video titles that include foreign language, secondary math, and science and language arts current events.
In addition to 5,000 full-length videos segmented into 50,000 content-specific video clips, teachers' guides, student activities, and classroom integration ideas, the following new features and content will be available on unitedstreaming for the upcoming the back-to-school season:
* More than 1,000 new videos from leading educational publishers, including the BBC, Channel 4, and MathMastery, which will be added this summer.
* New teacher preferences that allow teachers to create customized homepages and archive created assignments, quizzes, and writing prompts in personal folders.
* Improved search functionality, including drill down features that allow searches by keyword, subject, grade, or curriculum standards.
* Professional development enhancements, including a video library of best practices with topics such as differentiated instruction, technology integration, and classroom management.
* Technology integration demonstrations, which provide weekly teaching tips and "classroom quick start" ideas.
* New media assets, including an expansive audio library of sound effects, songs, and animations searchable by keyword; animated text diagrams to add dimension to key concepts; and a new library of primary images of shapes, colors, and objects.
* New Teacher Tools to support creation of teacher-selected content for student access, and a new Writing Prompt Generator that works with any image on unitedstreaming.
* Upgrades to administration tools, including a New Server Manager and Network Manager that provide easier management of server storage space, content downloads, and auto-updating of the software application.
* Updated teacher-managed student access features to encourage student exploration with teacher-selected assignments, quizzes, and media.
Source: Discovery Education, http://www.discoveryeducation.com