Discovery Education has introduced One Place, a digital media management product that offers quick access to online digital media from one integrated access point. One Place is designed to help educators manage their online educational content more effectively, so they spend less time navigating multiple interfaces and more time delivering educational content to the classroom.
Available for the upcoming back-to-school season, One Place is designed to help educators and administrators take advantage of a rich array of online educational resources. One Place is integrated with a growing list of K-12 online service providers, including Discovery Education's unitedstreaming, Health Connection, and Science Connection; Tekdata; MediaNet; WRC Media; World Book; Atomic Learning; and Maps.com. Schools can also add other online services of their own choosing.
According to the announcement, educators and administrators using One Place will be able to:
- Increase efficiency by using a single username and password for all digital resources.
- Save time by gaining universal access to all local and licensed digital content.
- Upload, manage, and distribute local or licensed digital content through one interface.
- Customize the One Place main interface to suit their school's needs.
- Stream live feeds of local content.
- Share teaching materials.