Discovery Communications has announced the launch of COSMEO, a homework help tool "designed for a generation that lives online." COSMEO harnesses the power of broadband and media to help kids achieve academic breakthroughs, according to the announcement. The COSMEO digital library includes homework help, interactive learning games, and more than 30,000 video clips that are correlated to grade-level and state curriculum standards. The interface allows kids in grades K through 12 to reference video clips and other learning tools for any required assignment in all key subject areas.
COSMEO leverages Discovery's unitedstreaming service, the educational video streaming resource for schools, building upon unitedstreaming's technology and content.
COSMEO's features include the following:
* 30,000 educational videos
* Search tools to locate information by subject, grade level, and keyword
* Over 15,000 interactive quizzes and 200 subject-related Brain Games, all supported by videos
* 20,000 high-resolution digital photos and 2,300 clip art images available for school projects
* Digital encyclopedia with access to over 27,000 research articles, soon to be expanded
* WebMath equation solver detailing step-by-step explanations to most math problems
COSMEO is available for the introductory price of $9.95 per month or $99 per year after a free 30-day trial. The standard retail price of COSMEO is $12.95 per month or $129 per year.
To learn more about COSMEO or to view selected content, visit http://www.cosmeo.com. Temporary usernames and passwords are available.
Source: Discovery Communications, Inc./Discovery Education, http://www.discoveryeducation.com