DYMO/Mimio has debuted MimioStudio 9 software featuring the MimioStudio ActivityWizard. A solution for generating interactive, high-quality activities and lessons in minutes, MimioStudio ActivityWizard enables teachers to easily provide students with multiple learning opportunities based upon instructional design principles.
The MimioStudio ActivityWizard allows teachers to generate exercises targeted for specific ages and grade levels, across core subjects including languages, arts, math, science and social studies. The ActivityWizard automatically populates the activity template with relevant facts from an extensive knowledge engine. The product marks the first software offering from DYMO/Mimio to incorporate the instructional philosophy of Headsprout, an innovative provider of adaptive instructional content, since the company's acquisition in March 2011.
MimioStudio 9 software seamlessly integrates with the complete MimioClassroom suite, including the MimioTeach interactive system, which converts any dry erase board into an interactive whiteboard; MimioVote assessment system; MimioView document camera; and MimioPad wireless tablet and MimioCapture ink recording system.
The software is compatible with Windows, Macintosh and Linux operating systems, and will be available in 33 languages, beginning with American English in February and followed in March by its multi-language version so teachers worldwide can generate localized activities.
Features and benefits, per the announcement:
- Connect your interactive classroom- Integrates MimioTeach, MimioVote, MimioView, MimioCapture and MimioPad devices seamlessly for a user-friendly interactive technology classroom experience
- Maximize learning appeal and effectiveness- Offers a built-in knowledge engine for teachers to generate teaching exercises across core subjects in minutes
- Save teachers time- Includes MimioStudio Gradebook to automatically record student answers, eliminating the need for teachers to hand-grade tests when used with the MimioVote student assessment system
- Collaborate and share- Imports files from other interactive teaching technologies so teachers can use content they already have
- Universal solution- Available for download at www.mimio.dymo.com in 33 languages, with compatibility for Windows, Macintosh and Linux operating systems
Source: DYMO/Mimio, www.mimio.dymo.com