Canvastic LLC has announced an update to version 2.1 for their product Canvastic, an integrated writing, graphics, and publishing tool for students in grades K-8. Developed by a former classroom teacher and computer coordinator, Canvastic was specifically designed with classroom use in mind and provides a mix of fun and productivity, according to the announcement.
Canvastic is a student- and teacher-focused software tool that can be customized for students' age and ability level. The interface is clean and clear with customized sets of options for graphic and text use. It grows with the user and is now even easier to customize, the announcement states. Tools allow for the creation of maps, diagrams, and graphs, as well as importing of pictures and text.
There are dozens of refinements included in this release. Version 2.1 includes the following new features:
* Text and object shapes print much more clearly.
* Clip Art and inserted graphics now support transparency for white areas.
* Word Processing objects correctly display multiple carriage returns and spaces.
* In addition to inserting common graphic formats (jpg, png, etc.), the software permits them to be opened directly, placing them into a new Canvastic document.
* Saving QuickTime movies is now done more easily.
* Preference set names will now appear alphabetically.