The Consortium for School Networking (CoSN) released its 2007 Compendium, an annual collection of monographs on the key issues facing K-12 education technology leaders.
The 2007 Compendium examines:
· Safety and Learning in the Era of Social Networking.
· Emergency Planning for IT, Data and Communications Needs.
· Digital Identity Management for K-20 Education.
· Inventing the Next-Generation Internet.
· K-12 Interoperability, Open Standards and Best Practices.
· The Highly Qualified CTO.
Each monograph provides case studies and expert insight on ways to implement emerging technology programs in schools. Also included is information on some of the latest trends in education technology, links to additional resources, and information on professional development opportunities for K-12 technology officers.
The Compendium is available online in its entirety to CoSN members. Non-members may access Executive Summaries of each of the monographs online.
The 2007 CoSN Compendium was sponsored by Apple, Dell, Gateway, HP, IBM, Mitel, Pearson Education, Safari, SAS inSchool, SchoolNet, Texas Instruments, Toshiba, and Wimba.
CoSN, 202/861-2676 or www.cosn.org.