The Association for Library Service to Children (ALSC), a division of the American Library Association (ALA), has selected its Fall 2008 list of Great Interactive Software for Kids (GISK), which recognizes high-quality computer programs and digital media for children 14 years of age and younger.
The selected products are:
· Beep, Tool Factory.
· GollyGee Blocks: 3-D Modeling for Kids , GollyGee Software, Inc.
· LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures, Lucasarts Entertainment.
· Mastering Elementary School , Weekly Reader Corp.
· Mastering Elementary and Middle School Math, Weekly Reader Corp.
· Nancy Drew and the Phantom of Venice Her Interactive
Members of the Great Interactive Software for Kids Committee are: Angelique Kopa, chair, Harford County Public Library, Belcamp, Md.; Kim Bautz, Dayton (Ohio) Metro Library; Michelle Call, Hester J. Hodgdon Librarians for All Program, Somerville, Mass.; Kirsten Freeman-Benson, West Slope Community Library, Portland, Ore.; Anna R. Healy, Rochelle Lee Fund, Chicago; and Becky White, Allen County Public Library, Fort Wayne, Ind.
For the annotated list of Fall 2008 Great Interactive Software for Kids, including recommended age ratings, visit the ALSC Web site at: http://www.ala.org/ala/mgrps/divs/alsc/awardsgrants/childrensnotable/gisk/index.cfm.
Source: ALA, www.ala.org